CareZone is a haven for people caring for their loved ones. We understand that design can make a product easier to use. We understand that it has the power to comfort and delight, that it can communicate an emotion and message. All of this is core to the product and company we are building.
Perhaps you have the title Graphic Designer, Visual Designer, or Web Designer. Whatever your title, your mobile and web UI look and work beautifully. You enjoy building charismatic brands that are only strengthened by the product features, tone of the copy, and aesthetics of every interaction a customer has with a company.
You enjoy rolling up your sleeves in Photoshop and Illustrator. You have great attention to detail and collaborate well with other disciplines. You have empathy for the development process and care deeply about the careful balance of UX, engineering, and business goals.
- Lead, define, and create the conceptual and visual development of the product/brand identity across multiple platforms
- Transform wireframes into on-brand, relevant, and beautiful UI
- Own all visual communications from the company (presentations, email newsletters, office décor)
- Partner closely with the UX lead, dev team, and other stakeholders to design and deliver mock up and production-ready Photoshop files.
- Deliverables include: mockups, brand identity documents, mood boards, style guides, ui specs, design patterns, and other documentation.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in designing websites, mobile, and brand systems
- Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator and other creative tools
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS as a structured visual medium
- Proven ability to design UI based on wireframes
- Excellent understanding in web typography, layout, and core design principles
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed with great attitude
- Great empathy for engineering and interaction design constraints and possibilities
- Portfolio of well-designed web and brand projects.
- Experience working with a team to ship digital products
- Degree in Visual Communication or Design preferred
Common factors for all positions
When people ask us where we’re based, we typically respond “on the internet.” That is, although our current offices are in Seattle and San Francisco, we’re looking for talented people wherever they might be based.
You’re excited to help create not only the architecture of our products, but the culture of the company. You lead by example.
You don’t need much direction, but when you do, you’re comfortable asking for it.
You’re willing to dive into just about any problem, even if it’s outside your area of expertise. You cheerfully accept responsibility for whatever needs to get done, but relinquish it when that makes more sense.
When you attack a task, you stay on it until it’s done. And although you can crank out tons of work, you know when you’ve done enough (not everything has to be perfect — but some things do).
You can deal with uncertainty and change. During severe course corrections you stay on an even keel. You’re a pleasure to be around when things get tough.
You keep up to date with the latest developments, but you’re immune to fads and technology/business religion. You just choose the right tools for the job at hand.