Attention! This job posting is 99 days old and might be already filled.
← Back to Jobs
We are currently looking for talented Software Development Engineers to help build an amazing product. If you are someone who likes to be empowered to own features and thrives well in a high-velocity agile environment, Avvo is the perfect fit for you.
The main responsibilities for this position include architecting, building, releasing, and supporting features that enable customers to find the right lawyer or doctor. The ideal candidate must have a mix of technical strength and business acumen. Also, they should have the desire and ability to work directly with the business to determine feature requirements; and will be considered the "go to" person on assigned features. Candidate must be a strong self-starter and should enjoy collaborating with other Developers as well as Designers.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional SDE experience developing commercial web applications.
- Proficient in design patterns and object oriented design.
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent coding/debugging skills and the eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in SQL programming is preferred.
- Experience with Linux/Unix is highly desirable.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- If you have a GitHub profile, please include it.
- Relevant BS degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Experience contributing to an open source project.
- Experience building iPhone apps.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3.
- Experience with Chef or Puppet.