Attention! This job posting is 99 days old and might be already filled.
← Back to Jobs
Glympse, a Seattle-based start-up, is looking for a senior-level mobile engineer that must be thoroughly familiar with the Android platform and is completely comfortable doing development anywhere in the client stack (from low-level platform interaction to cutting in new UI/UX flows).
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Ownership of Glympse’s flagship Android development pipeline for existing and new products
- Work with and improve the existing mobile Glympse client API platform engine
- Build and extend on the core location-tracking flagship platform
- Prototype and develop vertical products that leverage Glympse’s core real-time location-tracking functionality
- Active and demonstrable work on the current Android platform, including the latest ICS versions.
- References to shipped products in the Android Marketplace that represent your skillset
- 6+ years’ experience in production-level software development
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or work history equivalent
- Candidates should have an overriding passion for solving complex tech problems in interactive mobile, user-level applications, and/or real-time location-based services. The team is driven to go the extra mile to get the product right, make it better, and do what it takes to make a world-class experience. Start-up experience for potential candidates is important (i.e., involvement with a prior start-up/incubation/ v.1 inside a larger corporation), but not required.
- Flexibility goes a long ways at Glympse. Everyone in the company is naturally flexible across roles/responsibilities, across functions and vertically within functions. We need people to do whatever job needs doing – running a test script, writing a prototype, developing a new feature, etc.
- We follow a sprint model in a loose Agile approach for all of our products. Candidates should be well-versed in, or at the very least familiar with, this style of management.