Attention! This job posting is 99 days old and might be already filled.
← Back to Jobs
Glympse, a Seattle-based start-up, is looking for a senior-level engineer / engineering manager with strong product experience in the online connected mobile environment. Candidate must be willing to engage in development projects until the engineering team has grown to sufficient size requiring full management responsibilities.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Oversee development across all of Glympse’s engineering efforts: client platform, client apps, on-line services platform, website, and various vertical efforts
- Work with the product management and business development teams for feature roadmaps, partner work, and sustained engineering requirements
- Manage engineering resources to optimize release schedules and ensure cross-team efforts are in sync
- Head up recruiting efforts across all engineering disciplines
- Provide professional guidance/challenges/mentorship to the various levels of engineers on the team
- Active and demonstrable work on mobile and/or online consumer applications
- 10+ years’ experience in production-level software development
- 3+ years’ experience in managing technical product engineering
- Thoroughly familiar with mobile development, interactive web-based technologies, and back-end services architectures
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or work history equivalent
- Candidates should have an overriding passion for solving complex tech problems in interactive mobile, user-level applications, and/or real-time location-based services. The team is driven to go the extra mile to get the product right, make it better, and do what it takes to make a world-class experience. Start-up experience for potential candidates is important (i.e., involvement with a prior start-up/incubation/ v.1 inside a larger corporation), but not required.
- Flexibility goes a long ways at Glympse. Everyone in the company is naturally flexible across roles/responsibilities, across functions and vertically within functions. We need people to do whatever job needs doing – running a test script, writing a prototype, developing a new feature, etc.
- We follow a sprint model in a loose Agile approach for all of our products. Candidates should be well-versed in, or at the very least familiar with, this style of management.